Post by muppetquilter on Aug 3, 2007 17:00:32 GMT -5
DD just got this outfit ($24). Overall I like it and DD loves it. However, I have a few issues:
1) the tights are WAY too thin. The tights are only slightly thicker than pantyhose. They are looser and tend to wrinkle around the ankles (not the most attractive look-- luckily that can be covered with the leg warmers). But the fabric is going to rip in the hands of a child. DD is in AG's ideal age range for BB and there is just no way the tights will hold up to even gentle play for children this age. It is only a matter of time before they are ruined (I hope they are available as replacement parts!).
2) The book and wand are leftovers from the retired BB ballerina outfit. That's fine for the wand-- though the wand and headband are a little out of place for a practice dance outfit, they belong with recital outfits. The "book" (really a set of individual pages of colorforms) shows Bitty Bear wearing the retired BB tutu. That's just tacky. AG should have sprung for an update on that.
3) This comes down to personal opinion, but I wish the bodice weren't gathered in the center front. While that is common on dance outfits, the purpose is to draw attention to cleavage and I don't think that's appropriate on outfits for children-- or in this case babies. In general I think this outfit would be better suited to the BT line as I don't know many infants enrolled in ballet but the cleavage thing would bug me just as much on a BT.
1) The ballet slippers are very nice. They're an improvement on the pair from the retired dance outfit. More substantial and better made.
2) Over all the outfit is really cute.
3) Kid appeal-- DD loves this!
I give this one a B- (the grade would go up to an A- if the tights were decent quality).
I completely agree with muppetquilter that the tights are a disaster waiting to happen (especially at the hands of my 3-year-old.) The shoes are great -- we use them with the royalty outfit all the time. I don't like the headband, and DD ripped the cheapy fabric covering playing with it. I didn't mind that the wand was from the old set as I bought the girl-sized one for DD when it was on clearance at the sight. She loves having a tiny version of her wand to play with.
Just got this in the mail today, bought it for my 18" AG's to wear, I think it's adorable. I don't really like the headband though, it looks like something that should go to a mid-evil knights outfit or something! All in all I am pleased... It's a little bit tight but not too bad: