Post by crazyquilter on Apr 8, 2011 19:29:11 GMT -5
Just as I was trying to take photos of Mini Addy, it started to rain. I'll have to try again tomorrow. She just arrived yesterday. I think they did a great job on her dress. Yes, it could be a little fuller, but I really like it. It seems that there was some concern about length. My Addy's pantalets show just a little below the dress.
I also tied Mini Addy's waist ribbon tighter. That's why the buttons appear off a bit. I didn't notice until after the photo that I had made the front a bit off skew when I tightened the ribbon. As for the taffeta, I would rather have an in-scale plaid with cotton than a too-large scale taffeta. That may have been the only choices. Even AG has to go with what fabrics are available, I'm guessing, for these mini dolls. They may be able to have fabrics made in a large quantity, but these are limited edition dolls. I am amazed that they are able to get in all the details, down to the little bows on the sleeves.
That's true - I suppose with it being a limited edition, it wouldn't have been a large enough quantity to justify a custom print taffeta. I'm sure that'd be costly. But I'm going to be a bah humbug and say they should have done it anyway.
Here's my mini-Addy
Last Edit: Apr 9, 2011 15:23:58 GMT -5 by Sew_Sweet