Post by Main Admin Account on Jul 6, 2006 2:49:25 GMT -5
Jess Doll Grade: A
I love this doll. She is beautiful and we haven't had ANY issues. we bought her in January.
She did have a slight head tilt but that just took a little adjusting of her stuffing.
I love her hair colour. It is a deep dark brown with red high lights. One of the nice things about her is that her hair is way easy to take out and re-braid when you want to. She also has a new style part. A blocked zig zag:
We love her and think she is quite beautiful.
Last Edit: Oct 25, 2007 8:02:08 GMT -5 by SproutsMom
Post by Main Admin Account on May 8, 2006 1:00:32 GMT -5
Jess’s PJ’s for Dolls $20 GYON Grade: B
I really like these and they are a wonderful fresh and lively colour. I love how soft and ruffled the top is finished like. The straps and edging are all done with elastic lace. Very nice for fitting it to her or an other doll just the way you want it to.
The slippers are so soft and fuzzy. They have a small flower and jeweled detail. They do come with an elastic strap but I have found the idea to be good and the implementation poor. The elastic is so tight that it shows her feet to far forward in the slipper so that her toes hang off the fronts.
Overall I like the PJ's but the slippers weak points make me rate it a B.
Post by Main Admin Account on Aug 15, 2006 4:24:12 GMT -5
Johanna, any chance you have it on backwards? It's hard to tell in pictures, and I almost always have to take it off and put it back on, because the back definitely lies too low. Actually, I may be putting it on backwards, lol. Anyway, this is how I normally put it on my dolls:
I have no clue. I thought that the back was worse then this side. it is really LOW in my opinion. I will have to look at it again just because I may be a goober and may be doing it all wrong.
Post by Main Admin Account on Jul 5, 2006 21:32:42 GMT -5
GYAB $20 Grade: A
Not much to this little set. It is nice with holigraphic silver stars. The Lederhosen has a teather line that velcro's around her ankle.
The Lederhosen also has a bag to store her Lederhosen in. It features carry handles and a shoulderstrap that clips. The front bottom is mesh so that sand and water can drip out if she put's her Lederhosen away wet. There is also a handy pocket to store some of her beach things.
Post by Main Admin Account on Jul 5, 2006 21:47:05 GMT -5
Kailey's Wet Suit and Bikini GYOW $22 Grade: B
A really great set for Kailey. My daughter wears a wet suit similar to this one. I think it's wicked cool.
The suit is made from a spandex type material that is much like other AG swim suits released by AG. It's dark blue, lavender, and silver with silver piping. The suit zips in the front unlike most other wet suits I have used for my kids or myself.
There is a small detail on the left leg:
The water socks have a textured bottom. They are made with a heavier Neoprene like regular wet suits and water socks I have for where rocks are.
ETA:Sorry I haven't done the Bikini yet. Hopefully I will get to that real soon.
Post by Main Admin Account on Jul 20, 2006 17:13:59 GMT -5
I love Lindsey too!
Did Lindsey have two box styles? Mine came in a solid, GOT box (there is a sticker on the bottom of the box lid that says Lindsey). I saw one on eBay in a box with a cut out so you can see the face through the box and it says Lindsey on box front. Was mine boxed incorrectly?
It has been pretty typical that dolls bought at AGP have had the windows and dolls purchased over the web or catalog have been a closed box version.
Post by Main Admin Account on Oct 10, 2006 0:43:20 GMT -5
OK so I have to say I really like her accessories. The sweater was lovely and really well made. Her pence is of course cute but it would have been nice if she had something to carry it in. Maybe they will make something eventually. Her ration book was OK. Would have been cool if they had tried to make it look like her mother wrote something instead of just looking like her mom took the time to put it through a lazer printer with a cursive font. Scrapbook is the same ol' thing. But the pictures are cute. I like it regardless and can imaging them drooling over it.
The dog tags are total crap. What trash. They make me angry. It is that blatant disregard for quality that really boogers me. Trash Trash Trash. I will go pay to make little tags on my own with metal. This garbage makes me angry.
Post by Main Admin Account on May 10, 2006 14:14:20 GMT -5
Sugarplum Coat for Dolls $20 GWOG Grade: A
Made of wool in a rich deep purple this coat is wonderful! It's wonderfully finished inside and out. I love the super soft black faux fur trim to the sleeves and collar. That same trim is used on the hat and for the mittens. The coat actually has to use the knots to close as there are no snaps. I waited to snatch this one up from ebay for a reasonable price. I really like it and it could easily fit with Sam or Nellie wearing it.
Post by Main Admin Account on May 23, 2006 16:10:53 GMT -5
Rock Climbing Outfit $24 GDOM Grade: A
A little confusing to put on. Especially if you aren't knowledgeable about how they work. Pretty accurate for what they are like. I really think it is a cool set. Very unique.
The base of the set is the orange spandex tank with red thread. A pair of knee length biking shorts with orange piping and a gray sport stripe down each leg. There is also her red fleece with orange trimmings for her to wear if it gets breezy.
The harness is a great fit. It is also adjustable through the shoulders for the newer dolls that are a little taller in the torso. The dolls legs go through the leg openings and the adjustable straps over the shoulders. I then use two of the three carabineers to clip her harness closed in the front. Safety first a harness like this should close in the front and I don't know why there wasn't a clip built in.
Here you get a nice detail shot of the outfit's piping, the chalk bag and the harness design. You can also see one of the carabineers. We got Silver, light pink, and dark pink with ours. I have looked into other places to see if I can find some this same size and haven't found any yet.
Lastly are her pretty purple faux suede climbing shoes with their soft rubber soles.
Post by Main Admin Account on May 1, 2006 1:43:04 GMT -5
Ruffled Tankini $20 GLOW Grade: B
Of all of the suits AG has made for dolls I like this one the best. It covers well and is cute. Not too low in the rise or too short in the top. I really like the floral sarong. The little flip flops are cute with their jelly type straps but can be a little hard to get on for an adult, let alone a kiddo. I give it a B because of shoe issues.
Post by Main Admin Account on Sept 26, 2006 3:37:00 GMT -5
Starflower Outfit $24 GSOM Grade: A
I simply love this outfit. It has so many pieces and parts it is a wonderful one to have in any collection of AGoT dolls.
It comes with lilac tights that were about the same colour as the tights for the Go Anywhere outfit, but not quite the same. The outfit has a set of faux crocodile clogs with an elastic strap in the back to keep them secure.
The light-weight blouse is like a rayon. I don't know if it really is but it surely seems like it. It velcros closed in the front, and if not done just right the velcro will show. The sleeves come down with a ruffle bell at the end that has a small ribbon attached for decoration.
The teal wrap sweater is lovely. It is a great knit decorated with embroidery and beaded. It closes by the sweater snapping on the inside, then wrapped and tied closed. The small hair elastic is the light lilac and has two small purple star pony beads. A nice little touch.
I really like that the outfit can be changed a bit. Remove the ruffle that snaps into the bottom edge of the skirt. Then remove her sweater, and it is a different look all together.
Post by Main Admin Account on May 7, 2006 2:30:21 GMT -5
SkateLederhosen Outfit Grade: A
I can totally see some girl ripping it up on some ramps in this outfit. It comes with a set of cropped cargo capri pants, a white long sleeved tee, and a short sleeved pink SK8 Girl tee. The cargo pants have a velcro closure in the front along with a black drawcord. Both tees have velcro closures in the back.
Love these shoes! They are a deep burgandy with a pink trim. They have suede uppers and white laces. Just too cute and I was so happy to have found them on ebay! ADORABLE!
Post by Main Admin Account on May 10, 2006 14:38:24 GMT -5
Ski Trip Outfit $24 GWOF Grade: A
LOVE LOVE LOVE this wintertime outfit! If there is one AGOT winter outfit to have this is it. The base of it starts with a cute stripped turtleneck and a pair of knit pink pants with a sporty white stripe down the leg. Put her in these great suede pink boots with white fur trim. These zip up the back to give her a nice clean look. LOVE THAT! Top her off with a bright pink vest with fleece trim. It has a shiny pink matching belt that closes the vest at her waist. One each had she has a white fur mitten with an underside of fleece in the palm. Her hat is nicely finished and lined too.
Post by Main Admin Account on Sept 23, 2006 6:56:00 GMT -5
My guess is that they didn't know what they were selling. The treat bag should go with something else. we have this outfit as well and I agree that the sweater is pretty big. She really ends up looking like a giant snow ball in the thing. But my daughter likes it so it stays around for now. Besides the headband makes a great sparkly angel halo for the holidays.
Post by Main Admin Account on Apr 30, 2006 2:16:27 GMT -5
Garden Party Outfit $24 GEOS Grade: B ****
We love this dress. It looks perfect on ANY doll we have seen it on. The dress comes with a pink under dress and then a mesh type fabric over lay in a floral print. The sandals are a foam type with a suede upper finished with a flowers that have beaded centers. Note that the shoes fall off with super ease and were very poorly designed. Because of that I give the outfit a B. We have to use clear elastics to keep them on. The dresses accessories are a choaker necklace and a wide brimmed hat trimmed with square sequins and beaded centers.
Post by Main Admin Account on May 15, 2006 1:23:55 GMT -5
Flower Garden Outfit $24 GEOF Grade: B
This is a cute little outfit and is pretty simple in its design. It isn't anything to really drool over and doesn't have much in the way of any spectacular details. It is a high-waisted floral dress. Made of polyester. I just felt the set lacked in the fine details and accessories.
The details are found more in the purse and the hat. The small purse is a fully lined little two handled bag with ribbon woven adornment. All of the colours are what you would find in the dress.
The hat is what I find the most lovely of the outfit. It is an organza that is embroidered with a vine design. It fits really well and is just adorable. I did try it on jess and it just really didn't suit her at all. I don't know if it is Emmy with bangs that makes it work but it's really cute on her.
The shoes are a simple strap open toes sandal. They are cream and are made with patent leather. Nothing too great and wonderful about them.
Post by Main Admin Account on May 15, 2006 1:35:06 GMT -5
Fancy flowers Outfit $24 GEOG Grade: A
LOVE LOVE LOVE this! It has all that a girl can love. Glimmer, sparkle, mix and match possibilities, clips, necklaces, bracelets! And a fabulous colour and print!
From the get go, the outfit is two pieces and it just soft and pretty. The top closes in the back with Velcro, the skirt also closes with a Velcro closure. The blue print skirt is just so soft and feminine. I love it! The top is sequined and has a ruffle down the front center.
The outfit also has some of those little details that little girls and collectors love. Jewelry! It has a small beaded bracelet and necklace that match.
Along with those you get 4 small blue pearlized hair clips.
But best yet are the shoes! LOVE these! They shimmer and are just too freaking pretty to pass up! They have the satin fabric shimmer and are trimmed with sequins.
Post by Main Admin Account on May 9, 2006 20:34:47 GMT -5
Dockside Outfit $22 GBOK Grade: B
I like this outfit I really do. I waited a long time to get it at a reasonable price. It is really quite cute. I love the stripped skort and the way it snaps off to one side. It had a Velcro closure under the flap in the front. I like the woven pull over top. That's right, pull over. With to much usage I can see it getting stretched out. A little difficult to get on because doll arms don't bend. It has a small boat button attached to the left front of the top.
I really like the sneakers with their thick laces and multi-colouring. Adorable!
Post by Main Admin Account on Oct 11, 2006 11:53:00 GMT -5
Meet Emmy. She is my dear GT 19 doll with light brown hair and green eyes. I just love her. It is kind of like just knowing that she is there. Like a friend is home if you wanna talk. Just There.
Emmy is lovely with her Light Brown hair and cat like green eyes. She especially looks good in the woodland fairy costume. The green eyes just go so well with it. She looks pretty good in almost anything really.
We love here here. She is the big sister to all the other dolls. She was actually my first EVER AG purchase. Love her love her love her.
Post by Main Admin Account on Apr 25, 2006 16:09:21 GMT -5
This is an American Girl collecting forum for adults as well as teens aged 13+ who can adhere to these Rules and interact appropriately with adults. AGPT does not discriminate membership on any basis, and welcomes discussion on all topics directly and tangentially related to American Girl doll collecting without restriction except as noted below. All members are expected to adhere to these Rules, and the Moderators will manage individual accounts due to egregious rule violations or deliberate forum disruption. Please feel free to contact the Moderators if you have questions about any of the following:
1. Be thoughtful, polite, and respectful of others when posting and likewise of faiths, beliefs, opinions, and backgrounds different from your own. Remember this is one big world we live in, and the doll lover's world is just as diverse.
2. Use discretion about making "prayer requests" or asking others to "pray" for you on this forum. The Mods reserve the right to limit such religious requests if they deem them excessive and/or distracting. Asking for public support and encouragement is permitted.
3. Do NOT include religious quotations or statements of any type in your signature and avatar. Overtly religious usernames will be removed or denied by the Moderators. You are welcome to post photos of your dolls that include any religion, since it is up to other members whether they want to choose to view those pictures.
4. Do NOT attack others when it comes time to disagree; attack the post, not the poster. The following are NOT permitted: off-topic political and religious debates; personally belittling or rude remarks directed at other members; publicly scolding others for views you deem personally objectionable; attacking, passing judgment, and denigrating members for holding views different from your own; asserting negative characteristics about other members; overt bigotry, intolerance, or harassment. Take it to PM if you are personally offended by what someone has said and don't use this forum as your off-topic bully pulpit. Do not deliberately disrupt threads to stand on a soapbox or lecture members. Contact a Mod immediately if you feel someone has personally attacked you, and do not retaliate in kind.
5. You must be 13 or older to be here. Period. No exceptions. Read the ProBoards Terms of Service agreement for explanation. If we determine or suspect that you are underage, we must immediately disable your account. Read THIS for more info regarding AGPT's stance on age misrepresentation.
6. Do NOT share your account with anyone, even family members. It's one person, one account, as stipulated by the ProBoards Terms of Service.
7. Selling on AGPT is restricted to AG related and compatible items, with exception for non-AG scaled dolls only if you're selling AG related and compatible items in the same listing. No non-doll items are to be advertised on AGPT anywhere. We do not permit personal fund-raising or promotional efforts for yourself, child, school or charity (AG or otherwise), however worthy the cause. We permit collections for seasonal AG-related gift baskets, but members must first contact the Mod Team before posting such to the forum or the request will be removed.
8. Do NOT use AGPT to trash-talk or gossip about drama on other AG-related sites.
9. Do NOT reproduce an entire copyrighted article here unless you are the owner/writer or have their permission to reproduce it. Do NOT cross-post original content (including member posts, photos or album links) to or from AGPT without the original poster's permission as otherwise you are violating copyright law and Proboards’ TOS.
Provide a URL link to copyrighted material, post brief quoted excerpts with attribution, or briefly summarize outside material with attribution. Discussion, quoting with sources, and limited reproduction of information and images in the public domain as per the laws governing fair use of copyrighted material for discussion purposes are always permissible. You can read more about this issue in the FAQ.
10. Keep your language at a PG-13 level. There are filtering functions in use; if it isn't filtered, you can use it. Do not try to work around these filters.
11. Read through a thread before responding (no matter how long it is). When responding to multiple posters, consolidate all of your thoughts in one message and do not make successive posts. Remember to review the additional rules stickied on some of the individual sub-boards before posting, as there are sometimes specific guidelines for those sections not detailed here but which members are nonetheless expected to follow.
12. Follow standard Netiquette and English punctuation, capitalization, grammar and spelling rules. No texting or chat-speak abbreviations are permitted! Commonly used abbreviations can be found HERE.
13. Follow these basic guidelines when posting: avoid starting redundant threads by first reviewing the FAQ, Looking Back archived section, the topical sub-boards, and by using the Search function to see if a topic's been covered previously; use clearly descriptive subject lines when starting threads (if too vague, Mods will edit your thread topic for clarity).
14. Pick a name and keep it. If you do change your name, note this ASAP in the Ins and Outs section. Be aware that if your display name is frequently changed or too long, it will be rejected by the Mods.
15. Follow these guidelines about posting images:
A maximum signature of 650 pixels wide and 320 pixels tall is allowable. Any signatures beyond this size will be removed and/or a request sent to the member for alteration. Signatures with excessive animation that slows page loading and those with multiple separate images will also be removed. Beginning May 2012, if the mods have to make three requests to resize within a twelve month period, AND those requests are ignored, we may temporarily block a member's ability to modify their signature. The restriction will be lifted after three months.
Avatar maximum size is 100x100 pixels. Do not rely on the forum to scale the avatar for you. The original image must be this size or it will be automatically rejected and you’ll be unable to modify your profile at all until you remove it.
Photos posted to this forum should not exceed 650 pixels wide. Anything wider will distort the forum and is subject to removal of embedded IMG code by the Moderators.
16. Be smart about the Secondary Marketplace. AGPT does not impose purchasing and selling restrictions since the presumption is that members are responsible individuals capable of using common sense to make sound decisions, but we have buying and selling GUIDELINES that you should read and heed.
17. Do not identify a live eBay auction anywhere on AGPT; no hyperlinks, auction numbers or titles, seller names, or item descriptions (copied or paraphrased) are permitted. If we can find it based on what you posted, we will edit or remove posts or threads identifying live auctions. Once an auction is completed, you can refer to it in any way that you wish. Posting BIN links is permitted since they are not subject to the same competitive restrictions. Combined BIN/live auction listings are allowed unless and until competitive bidding commences, at which point they are removed.
18. Contact the Mods first to get permission to post your announcements of non-AGPT-sponsored contests, give-aways and events on private blogs, other websites or personal venues. If permission has not been granted, your post will be removed. Permission to post about such events or contests does not indicate AGPT endorsement or affiliation unless otherwise indicated. We expect members to exercise their best judgment before entering or participating in any events or contests.
19. Trolling is not tolerated. Anyone coming on here to spread misinformation, disrupt threads to further a personal agenda, attack other members, start flame wars, or get their jollies by sockpuppeting, et cetera, will be banned.
STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING By creating and maintaining an account here, I am signifying my agreement with and intent to adhere to all of the above Rules and the Proboards TOS. I understand that the Moderating Team follows a graduated due process system with banning as the ultimate consequence for serious or repeated offenses, and that the Mods will communicate in writing with me about any such offenses or actions taken against my account within a 24 hour period. I further understand that the Moderating Team reserves the right to modify, delete, and/or archive topics, profiles, and inactive accounts on AGPT pursuant to the above Rules and as part of regular forum management. I understand that AGPT bears no responsibility for Secondary Market transactions among its members, and I agree to adhere to the related Guidelines linked above. I understand that AGPT is not responsible for the personal information I post of a potentially identifiable nature to the forum (including photographs of myself and/or family members) and I agree to exercise discretion in the posting of such personal information. I understand that the Administrators and Moderating Team regard information about unreleased AG products posted by members to be unconfirmed rumors unless publicly and verifiably sourced, and that AGPT will not host images of unreleased AG products out of respect for the proprietary rights of American Girl. I understand that AGPT takes no responsibility for the accuracy or verification of any information I or other members post, and that opinions and speculation relating to AG products are those of the individuals posting and do not represent the thoughts of the AGPT Moderating Team unless otherwise specified. I understand that AGPT is subject to the final administrative authority of its host, Proboards, in all matters, with latitude for forum management as granted by that organization in its Terms of Service.
Please direct any questions to Moderators via PM; the staff list is HERE. The most recent PM of mod reminders can be read HERE.
Post by Main Admin Account on Apr 25, 2006 14:59:38 GMT -5
Welcome to the BeForever Playthings Reviews! Thank you for taking the time to add your AG BeForever items here. If you are a guest to this section, you are welcome to read the reviews. But in order to control spam comments, guests cannot Lederhosen comments or do reviews until they become forum members.
Generally speaking, we'd like to see a review cover the following:
description of the item (color, fabric, materials, fit)
value for the money (either AG or the going eBay rate)
If you feel those points have been covered in the existing reviews and just want to add a photo, that is fine, too. We love photos that allow us to see the changes and versions of a product over time.
Also, please feel free to speak to the historical accuracy of the item you are reviewing.
While you do not have to own every item that you review, we ask that you only Lederhosen reviews for items that you have in-person familiarity with, as opposed sharing your opinions based solely on photos.
There are some very simple rules to follow when posting your reviews:
Only 1 item review per thread, as packaged by AG. For example, Josefina's Riding outfit in one thread, her boots in another.
Give the item a letter grade.
Include the official name of the item in the subject line if you are starting a thread. Mods will edit your thread title to reflect the official name if needed, or if the status of an item changes due to retirement or archiving.
Include a picture if you can. Member photos are often more detailed than the official AG ones, so we always appreciate good quality photos!
There is no limit on the number of pictures in this section because there can be so many details that someone reading a review would like to see in a photo. However, we do ask that your photo be no wider than 650 pixels.
Please limit your photo scene to focus on the item you are reviewing in that thread. Extraneous, off-topic photos will be deleted or cropped by the moderators.
Substantive questions or commentary about an item are welcome but please DO NOT Lederhosen general comments like "I have this!" or "How pretty!" or "I like this so much!" or "This is next on my wishlist." or "Thanks for the review." The Reviews sections are meant for easily referenced reviews only, NOT general chat (however well-intentioned). The mods reserve the right to delete off topic comments without warning (since you have been warned here).
If you like or loathe something, feel free to use this space to tell us WHY...in detail, with charts and graphs, if you have the time. But please, no drive-by commentary.
If you want to request a review of an item not found here, please do so in the Main Forum. Lastly, please feel free to contact one of the Moderators listed in this section if you have any questions.