I really wanted to review this item, but was a little scared to put in my two cents here. But here goes:
I got this set the first time is was offered, and was not disappointed! It is one of the cutest treat sets that I have seen, barring Samantha's set.
1. The cake: Adorable! The cake slices match with the big cake, and that makes it super cute! AG didn't have to make it this way, they could have been lazy about making sure it matched. But they didn't, they were perfect. While I don't like cake rolls for my birthday, it sure looks like Kit does! A+
2. The cake server: Hey, it's a cake server. Still, very nicely made, and beautiful. Again, A+
3. Fans: Beautiful, but delicate. I'm even afraid to open them! Maybe a B, because I can just see little kids tearing them apart by accident. It's for the best that they made it plastic. B- for bad play value.
4. Paper lanterns: I like them. Of course, I have nothing to hang them onto, but I like them. They are tearable, but I have been able to get them open with out tearing them apart. Maybe an A- for play value. Definitely easier to handle than the fans!
5. Metal cups: Perfect! LOVE THEM! Now, mine are before the revised version, so they are empty. Which means I can put whatever I like into them and it works out great for me. Solid, and beautiful.
6. The Kits: Big favorite. Kits are replicas of the real kits candy www.oldtimecandy.com/kits.htm They are adorable, and what is nice is that you can split them between the two cups. The arranging and rearranging gets a little addictive!
Anyway, I think the whole set rates around an A- (only for all the delicate paper items.) I know that it's been revised, and that's a shame. The kits were just too cute for words, and a part of the story (kits for Kit, get it?) Now it's jelly beans for ?? Anyway, good set and try to get the 1st edition if possible.
My AG Lissie trunk has historically accurate pleather. :). The brass fitting are again, accurate brass jewerly latches, and the wallpaper is "historically" accurate sticker/vinyl tape (?). Anyway, it's cute, but b/c of the pleather, sort of hard to open. So, pleather it is, and the only "leather" there (I think) are the brown bands that trim it.
Note: I'm not at all expecting the whole wallpaper/leather/etc. It's just a cute item, and made with pleather, that's all.
Last Edit: Feb 4, 2010 15:36:55 GMT -5 by bluegrrl
Vote Orlando, FL for next AG store. Tell all cs reps that the vacation destination of the world needs an AG Place!!!